Alice's Tea Cup Restaurant Cookbook New York
Alice's Tea Cup cookbook brings you the delicious recipes from New York's tea room of the same name. Here are 100 recipes from Alice's Tea Cup in Manhattan.
Format: Hardcover with dust jacket, 229 pages.
Publisher: William Morrow Cookbooks
Author: Haley Fox and Lauren Fox
Description: The delightful sisters and owners of Alice's Tea Cup share nearly one hundred recipes from their charming and wildly popular Manhattan restaurants.
For almost ten years, Alice's Tea Cup has been a destination in New York City for locals and tourists alike who crave a scrumptious afternoon tea without airs or pretension. Haley and Lauren Fox learned at an early age that tea was more than just a beverage -- it was an event to be shared and protected -- and they divulge their tea-making philosophy and dozens of delectable recipes in this beautiful cookbook.
Embodying the mantra "tea turned on its ear," Alice's Tea Cup serves up unique twists to traditional Victorian tea fare, including:
- Savories - Lapsang Souchong Smoked Chicken Salad and Cucumber Watercress Sandwiches with Lemon Chive Butter
- Baked Goods - Banana Nutella Cake and Mint Black Bottom Cupcakes
- Sweet Treats - Alice'S'mores and Queen of Tarts
- Tea Selections - from African Dew to Rooibos Bourbon
- Specialty Drinks - Alice's Tea-jito and Ginger Mar-tea-ni
- And of course, Alice's World-Famous Tender, Moist Scones - including nineteen versions, from pumpkin to peanut butter and jelly to ham and cheese
Haley and Lauren also show you how to throw a personalized "Curiouser and Curiouser" tea party with household props and offer lots of other ways to celebrate with tea and festive food. From salads to scones, pancakes to cupcakes, afternoon tea to evening mar-tea-nis, this fabulous cookbook lets you enjoy Alice's mouthwatering recipes without leaving home.
Condition: Good condition.