Yan Can Cook Book
Chinese cuisine master chef Martin Yan is one of the most searched chefs at Cookbook Village. His Yan Can Cook Book is a favorite with more than 200 Chinese recipes from his TV show of the same name. From classics like Spring Rolls to more cutting edge dishes like Sprouting Spring Soup, Yan's style shines through and will help you transform your kitchen.
Format: Paperback, 353 pages
Author: Martin Yan
Description: Martin Yan has introduced thousands of North Americans to the pleasures of Chinese cooking both through his bestselling cookbook The Joy of Wokking and his popular daily television show "Yan Can." Now Martin's fans (and his fans-to-be) can enjoy The Yan Can Cook Book, a comprehensive compendium of over 200 carefully tested recipes lavishly illustrated with diagrams, drawings, cartoons and photographs. Classic Chinese favorites like Spring Rolls and Sweet and Sour Pork are joined by original Yan creations such as Sprouting Spring Soup and Chinese Pizza, and there are hundreds of tips on how to achieve the best results with Chinese ingredients, cookware and cooking techniques. Add a dash of Martin Yan's inimitable style and humor and you have an irresistible culinary concoction!
Here are some of the features in The Yan Can Cook Book:
- Sections on how to use the wok and its accessories, including the cleaver, the steamer and the Chinese casserole
- Over 25 vegetable-dish recipes and a full chapter on Chinese soups, sauces, dips and marinades
- 12 intriguing gourmet recipes
- 15 traditional Chinese dessert recipes -- including a recipe for fortune cookies
- Instructions on how to make your own soybean curd (tofu)
- Photo section showing how to make elegant Chinese garnishes
- List of places to order Chinese ingredients by mail
- Tips on how and what to order in a Chinese restaurant and a lesson on how to use chopsticks
- Answers to the ten most-asked questions about Chinese food and cooking with a wok
Condition: Good condition..
Browse more Vintage, Used and Collectible Cookbooks.