Uprisings The Whole Grain Bakers' Cookbook
Uprisings The Whole Grain Bakers' Cookbook presents 200 recipes from 32 bakeries. This is a fun cookbook with quite a bit of information whole grains included in the opening of the cookbook.
Format: Softcover spiral, 293 pages.
Publisher: The Mother Earth News, Inc.
Author: The Mother Earth News.
Description: Welcome to Uprisings, a uniquely enjoyable bake book with these outstanding features:
- Hand-illustrated recipe section that reads like a tour of 32 colorful bakeries -- all whole grain and all cooperatively run
- Easy directions for over 200 home-size recipes, including luscious treats like Papaya Squares and Pecan Sandies, delicious hearty staples like Veggie Bread and Grandpa's Farm Bread, plus plenty of cakes, rolls, muffins, cookies, granolas, and more
- An introductory section affirming the values of whole grains and cooperative work, and how they affect our health, our lives, and the world around us
- a helpful guide to foods used in whole grain baking with a commonsense approach to nutrition, as well as comprehensive directions for all types of baking
- an extensive index that includes listing by type of baked good, by special dietary characteristic (eggless, dairyless, etc.), and by major ingredients
Uprisings has been collectively compiled by member bakers of the Cooperative Whole Grain Educational Association, a non-profit organization.
Condition: Several pages have light creases. Further good condition.
Browse more Vintage, Used and Collectible Cookbooks.