Claire's Italian Feast - Vegetarian Recipes From Nonna's Kitchen
Claire's Italian Feast - Vegetarian Recipes From Nonna's Kitchen has 165 recipes from the owner of Claire's Corner Copia vegetarian restaurant in New Haven, Connecticut that were served at her grandmother's house.
Format: Paperback, 255 pages.
Copyright: 1998. First printing
Publisher: A Plume Book
Author: Claire Criscuolo
Description: With Love, From Nonna's Kitchen Claire Criscuolo, author of the classic vegetarian cookbook Claire's Corner Copies Cookbook, celebrates the rich, zesty flavors of Southern Italian cuisine in this creative and delicious new collection of recipes. Sharing her passion for good food and hearty family traditions, Criscuolo tailors her favorite childhood recipes to meet the most discerning vegetarian needs, combining traditional Italian ingredients like olive oil, capers, mozzarella, and porcini mushrooms with plant-based "meats" such as seitan and tempeh. Here, you'll discover 165 original and mouth-watering recipes to fit every occasion and holiday:
- Lemon-Caper Stuffed Baby Artichokes
- Portobello Mushroom Caps, Roasted with Mint and Garlic
- Salad of Red Oak Lettuce, Bartlett Pears, Walnuts, and Gorgonzola in a Lime Vinaigrette
- Cannellini Beans and Swiss Chard over Tomato-Onion Polenta
- Fresh Tomato Soup with Garlic Toasts
- Farfalle Pasta with a Sauce of Spinach, Tomatoes, and Wine
- Red Bell Peppers Stuffed with Arborio Rice and Artichoke Hearts
- Broccoli Rabe and Sausage Pinwheel Bread
- Sorentina Spinach and Semolina
- Meatless Italian Sausages, Roasted with Mushrooms, Onions, Potatoes, and Peas
- Easter Sweet Bread
- Icebox Cake
- Anisette Dunking Cookies with Glaze
- And much more...
With special sections on wine, how to stock an Italian pantry, and menus for special holidays, Claire's Italian Feast is a glorious tribute to the Italian American kitchen.
Condition: Good condition with minor shelf wear--small creases on edges of covers
Browse more Vintage, Used and Collectible Cookbooks.