Vegan with a Vengeance Cookbook - Post Punk Kitchen Cooking Show
Vegan with a Vengeance Cookbook from the co-host of the Post Punk Kitchen Cooking Show shares over 150 cheap, animal-free recipes that reflect cuisines from around the world.
Format: Softcover, 258 pages.
Publisher: Da Capo Press
Author: Isa Chandra Moskowitz
Description: In Vegan with a Vengeance, Isa Chandra Moskowitz, co-host of the vegan cooking show, The Post Punk Kitchen, brings the do-it-yourself, community-driven ethos of punk rock into the kitchen. Her cooking philosophy embraces being kind to animals (all recipes are completely animal-product free) and your wallet -- while being creative and having fun in the process. She emphasizes fresh ingredients over heavily processed corporate brand-name foods and says that, like good music, cooking is best when it's an innovative, experimental, and completely real experience. Her inspired recipes -- covering all meals of the day and influenced by dishes from around the world -- include:
- Asparagus and Sun-dried Tomato Frittata
- Fresh Mango Summer Rolls
- Pumpkin Waffles
- Tofu Dill Salad Sammiches
- Green Goddess Garlic Pizza
- Sweet Potato Crepes with Cilantro-Tamarind Sauce
- Brooklyn Pad Thai
- Banana Split Pudding Brownies
- Fauxstess Cupcakes
- Gingerbread Apple Pie
- Lists of essential tools and post punk pantry items
- Suitable substitutes for those without all the fancy kitchen gear and ingredients
- Inventive twists on classic dishes
- Handy resources for vegans and punks
- The story of The Post Punk Kitchen
- Rockin' recipe intros and descriptions
- Even fun facts and tips from Isa's cat, Fizzle!
Condition: Very good condition.
Browse more Vintage, Used and Collectible Cookbooks.