The New Red Lion Inn Cookbook
New England's famous inns shares their favorite recipes in The New Red Lion Inn Cookbook. Over 171 of its recipes are found inside the cookbook's pages from Red Lion Inn Bread Pudding to Pan Seared Sea Bass.
Format: Paperback, 221 pages
Publisher: Berkshire House Publishers
Author: Suzi Forbes Chase
Description: Classic recipes and new favorites from the most famous of New England's inns.
For more than two hundred years, The Red Lion Inn has been the destination for travelers seeking fine food and genteel lodging on what was an important colonial road. The inn's beauty and hospitality have endured through the years, surviving a fire and harsh New England winters to provide respite for twentieth-century presidents, literati, stage and screen stars, and television personalities. The legendary Fitzpatrick family continues to raise the inn's cuisine to new heights -- blending new lighter and international fare with traditional New England favorites.
171 delicious recipes including:
- Fresh apricots with a boursin-garlic-chive-dill stuffing
- Traditional escargots and mushrooms served in pastry shells with a delicate parsley cream sauce
- Hearty roasted corn chowder laced with thyme and bacon
- Cream of apple and turnip soup with sherry as seen in Bon Appetit magazine
- Roasted sugar beet and goat cheese terrine over mesclun greens with a carrot-grape seed oil vinaigrette
- Crab and cod cakes with a remoulade sauce and corn relish
- Grilled marinated tuna with a spicy Asian chili-garlic-Dijonsoy sauce
- Pan-seared sea bass with a barley purse and ginger-carrot broth
- Braised lamb shanks with Madeira, juniper berries, bay leaves and thyme in a light vegetable stew
- Roasted loin of pork rubbed with herbes du Provence, wrapped in a brown sugar coating
- Nana Jo's chocolate pie
- Cheesecake with New England blueberry sauce
- Red Lion Inn bread pudding
Condition: Cover and interior pages are in beautiful condition.
Browse more Vintage, Used and Collectible Cookbooks.