Book of Tempeh Cookbook
The Book of Tempeh cookbook features the Indonesia soy food, tempeh. Similar to fried chicken, this protein-rich vegetarian food is the centerpiece of the 130 recipes inside this cookbook. This is a unique resource and will delight vegetarians across the country.
Format: Softcover, 158 pages
Copyright: 1979, First Edition
Publisher: Harper Colophon Books
Author: William Shurtleff & Akiko Aoyagi
Description: Tempeh is a delicious, natural source of high-quality, cholesterol-free protein. A remarkable cultured soyfood, which originated in Indonesia, tempeh tastes like Southern-fried chicken, contains more protein than hamburger, and is the world's best vegetarian source of vitamin B-12.
The authors of this pioneering work, William Shurtleff and Akiko Aoyagi, are well known for their best-selling Book of Tofu and Book of Miso. The Book of Tempeh contains:
- More than 130 tempting Western-style and traditional Indonesian recipes. Most are cholesterol-free
- Easy-to-follow instructions for making tempeh at home, in communities, and in a traditional shop
- An analysis of tempeh's nutritional value in clear, scientific terms
- An up-to-date listing of all tempeh companies in North Ammerica, Europe, Australia, and Japan
- A bibliography of over 275 references
- More than 200 illustrations
Condition: Good condition.
Browse more Vintage, Used and Collectible Cookbooks.