Taste of Heaven Cookbook
A Taste of Heaven cookbook is a unique guide and recipe book with the food and win made by monks and nuns around the US and Europe. More guidebook, then cookbook, it explores the monasteries, histories and 35 recipes. It's truly fascinating.
Format: Softcover, 218 pages.
Publisher: Penguin Group
Author: Madeline Scherb
Description: From mouthwatering cheese and beer to rich and complex wine and chocolate, monks and nuns in the United States and Europe are producing some of the most heavenly food and drink on earth. In A Taste of Heaven, Madeline Scherb beautifully captures the heart and spirit of the holy work that goes into these products, and offers more than thirty-five recipes that incorporate them, many created by the monks and nuns themselves.
- Creamy Beer Soup (using Achel beer from Saint Benedict Abbey near Achel, Belgium)
- Flamiche (a Belgian version of quiche that uses Postel cheese from Postel Abbey in Mol, Belgium)
- Boneless Pork Loin Roast with New Skete Farms Smoked Bacon (made with bacon from New Skete Monastery near Cambridge, New York)
- Brother Victor's Pear Clafoutis (made with vanilla caramels from Our Lady of the Mississippi Abbey near Dubuque, Iowa)
- Chocolate Chestnut Tbrte with Cognac Mousse (prepared with Bonneval chocolate from Our Lady of Bonneval Abbey near Espalion, France)
With vivid descriptions of the monasteries, their fascinating histories, and helpful advice for travelers on getting there and getting the most out of their visit, this book also serves as an invaluable travel guide. A Taste of Heaven is a treasure for anyone who loves spirited food, drink, and travel.
Condition: Very good condition with very minor shelf wear.
Browse more Vintage, Used and Collectible Cookbooks.