Susanna Foo Chinese Cuisine Cookbook
The Susanna Foo Chinese Cookbook offers recipes from one of North America's best Chinese chefs. Foo shares easy techniques with easily accessible ingredients. Seafood Wonton Soup, Cold Beer Shrimp and Orange Beef with Sun-Dried Tomatoes are a few of the wonderful dishes Foo offers inside her cookbook.
Format: Hardcover and dust jacket, 352 pages
Publisher: Homestyle Books
Author: Susanna Foo
Description: Susanna Foo has consistently been acclaimed for serving the best and most exciting Chinese food in North America. Gourmet, Food & Vine, Esquire Zagat and the James Beard Society have all singled her out as one of America's leading chefs.
Now Susanna Foo shares the recipes that established her reputation, and the results are nothing short of revolutionary. This book will open a new world to those who are intimidated by the strange ingredients and complicated techniques of Chinese cooking. Foo's recipes don't call for the usual combinations of soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine, vinegar and sugar, and they don't rely on complicated stir-frying. Instead, they feature simple techniques and readily available fresh ingredients.
With this cookbook, you'll be able to duplicate Foo's elegant yet simple food:
- Curried Chicken Dumplings
- Crab Sul Mel with Red Bell Pepper Sauce
- Cold Beer Shrimp
- Seafood Wonton Soup
- Fresh Water Chestnut, Arugula and Endive Salad
- French Beans and Asparagus with Mushrooms
- Grilled Tuna with Jalapefio Pepper Puree
- Soy-Braised Cornish Hens
- Orange Beef with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Scallion Crepes
- Cat's Ear Pasta with Chicken and Portobello Mushrooms
- Honey-Fried Bananas with Caramelized Ginger Sauce
Condition: Good condition.