Squash Cookbook brings this favorite vegetable to life through some tempting recipes that showcase all types of squashes, including pumpkins, acorn squash, and more.
Format: Hardcover with dust jacket, 223 pages
Publisher: Wings Books
Author: Yvonne Young Tarr
Description: Celebrated cookbook author Yvonne Young Tarr, famed for her cooking skill, as well as her unique brand of inventiveness, now puts her very special touch on a very special food: squash, which is one of America's most popular crops and one of its favorite vegetables. Inside you will find a dazzling array of recipes for every taste and every occasion -- hundreds in all, carefully selected from colonial and nineteenth century cookbooks, farm kitchens, foreign chefs, and the author's private files.
But Yvonne Young Tarr offers much more than a cookbook. This practical, all purpose volume leads you step-by-step from your spring seeding to the most sensational meals -- a complete guide to planting, cultivating, harvesting, preserving, and cooking squash. In a cookbook as versatile as the vegetable itself, you'll find:
- Dozens of tempting ways to prepare succulent zucchini, golden crookneck, sweet summer squash, tender butternut, and crisp winter acorn squash.
- Separate chapters on pumpkins and gourds.
- A choice of gourmet or farm-favorite recipes for everything from appetizers and soups to entrees, salads, sweets, and breads.
- A complete section on growing squash successfully anywhere in the country, indoors or out.
- Detailed information on canning and freezing, pickling and storing -- making squash a sensational year-round staple.
Squash: It's easy to grow, easy to store, and simple to prepare. It's inexpensive yet highly nutritious. It could well be the perfect food. The Squash Cookbook -- as practical as it is creative -- is a perfectly delicious way to enjoy a cornucopia of culinary possibilities and rewards.
Condition: Good condition.
Browse more Vintage, Used and Collectible Cookbooks.