Smith & Wollensky Steak Cookbook - New York Restaurant
Smith & Wollensky Steak Cookbook from the acclaimed New York restaurant gives you the means to prepare its popular recipes in your own kitchen. You will learn the secrets of their steaks, cooking methods and more and be able to prepare their recipes for friends and family at home. This cookbook has a great format and is as exiting to view as to cooking with.
Format: Hardcover with dust jacket, 127 pages.
Author: Esteban W. de Bourgrave
Description: Gourmet magazine has labeled it "the quintessential New York City steakhouse" and Wine Spectator finds it "one of America's best steakhouses." Smith & Wollensky is famous worldwide for its old-fashioned service, its turn-of-the-century New York decor, its award-winning wine list, and above all, its prime-grade, dry-aged, mouth-wateringly delicious steaks.
Now, Alan Stillman, the renowned restaurateur and founder of Smith & Wollensky, invites you to take home the flavor of Smith & Wollensky in this gorgeously photographed book. Smith & Wollensky Steak features:
- Story of Smith & Wollensky -- and the secrets behind its superb steaks
- Essential facts of steak: what makes each cut special and what to look for in a good piece of steak
- Cooking methods: how to prepare, serve, and enjoy a truly magnificent steak
- Finishing touch: choosing the right wine
- Recipes from Victor Chavez, Smith & Wollensky's own executive chef, so you can recreate the Smith & Wollensky experience at home
Fascinating photographs take readers behind the scenes to reveal the essence of Smith & Wollensky: the aging room and the kitchen, where experts in the art of steak prepare the filet mignon, Chateaubriand, and other delicious steaks that have made the restaurant a favorite of steak-lovers worldwide.
Condition: Good condition. Jacket very tiny tear at bottom corner.
Browse more Vintage, Used and Collectible Cookbooks.