Small Bites Big Nights: Seductive Little Plates for Intimate Occasions and Lavish Parties
Small Bites Big Nights: Seductive Little Plates for Intimate Occasions and Lavish Parties is a wonderful cookbook from chef Goving Armstrong of Iron Chef America and Table 8 restaurant in Los Angeles. Inside this memorable cookbook are appetizers and small dishes that are perfect for parties and special gatherings.
Format: Hardcover with dust jacket, 256 pages.
Publisher: Clarkson Potter
Author: Govind Armstrong
Description: Whether he's setting the scene at his acclaimed restaurant Table 8 in Los Angeles, entertaining the audience on Food Network's Iron Chef America, or designing the menus for Hollywood hotspots RokBar and L'Scorpion, chef Govind Armstrong knows how to create spectacular menus for occasions of all sizes.
As Govind says, small plates encourage people to be more adventurous, to share food, and to enjoy the melange of flavors and textures. In his first cookbook, Small Bites, Big Nights, he shows you how to put together a menu of small, sophisticated, sexy dishes and pair them with the perfect cocktail. The result? Guests get to enjoy a feast of flavors, and as the host, you'll be able to relax and have fun, instead of spending the whole night in the kitchen.
- Wow a Crowd with hors d'oeuvres like Arugula, Dates, and Parmesan (a salad that's finger food!); Rare Tuna Crostini with White Bean Puree and Tapenade; or Seared Kobe Beef on Mini Yorkshire Pudding. To drink: Black Martinis.
- Barbecue Sizzling treats like Grilled Endive with Serrano Ham; New Zealand Scampi with Heirloom Tomatoes and Summer Truffle Vinaigrette; or Grilled Chicken Thighs with Wood-Roasted Gazpacho and Avocado Salsa.
- Make dinner for 8 unforgettable with Tender Bean Salad and Prosciutto; a deceptively simple Foie Gras-Stuffed Quail; and luscious Panna Cotta with Raspberry Coulis.
- Warm Up a 1001 night with bite-size comfort foods: Mini Onion Soup; Braised Chicken Oysters Piccata; and Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Mousse.
- Set the Scene for a seductive date with Truffled Gruyere Fondue or Buckwheat Crepes with Blood Orange and Gelato.
Transform your living room into a late-night lounge with Truffled Yukon Gold Potato Chips; Grilled Cheese with Pulled Short Ribs and Pickled Red Onions; and Krispy Kreme "Coffee & Doughnuts."
Packed with innovative recipes, Small Bites, Big Nights is a cookbook that happening hosts will turn to again and again.
Condition: Good condition.
Browse more Vintage, Used and Collectible Cookbooks.