Skinny Soups presents over 115 soup recipes that are low-fat. Recipes include standouts like Matzo Ball and Vegetable, Creole Tomato, Sherried Crab and Mushroom Bisque, and so many more like these.
Format: Softcover, 202 pages.
Publisher: Surrey Books
Author: Ruth Glick and Nancy Baggett
Description: Americans love soup. Each year we consume ten billion bowls! Now there's even more reason to enjoy soup: it's a delicious way to stay trim and healthy, especially when you follow these low-fat, calorie-conscious recipes that refuse to compromise on great taste.
Skinny Soups will delight both palate and soul. You'll find everything from old standbys and soup classics (slimmed down for today's lifestyle) to chowders, bisques, vegetarian treats, fruit soups, chilled soups, and a wealth of ethnic favorites from China, the Caribbean, Italy, Africa, India, and around the world.
For soupmakers on tight schedules, there's "Soups Express," a chapter of recipes created specifically to save time without sacrificing flavor. You'll be surprised at how quickly you can put these 14 soups on the table without resorting to cans or prepackaged ingredients.
ENJOY GREAT TASTING, LOW FAT SOUPS LIKE THESE...
- Creole Tomato & Old-Fashioned Chicken-Vegetable & Mulligatawny
- White Fish Chowder & Sherried Crab and Mushroom Bisque & Minestrone
- Ham and Split Pea & Beef and Barley & Matzo Ball and Vegetable & Cuban Black Bean
- Chinese Pork and Watercress & Easy Gazpacho & Spicy Apple-Wine
- Hot-and-Sour Cabbage & Dilly Iced Carrot & Tortellini and Bean
- Turkey con Salsa & Indian Lentil
All recipes include nutritional data for calories, fat, cholesterol, sodium, protein, carbohydrates, and diabetic exchanges, and conform to American Heart Association guidelines of 30% or fewer calories from fat.
Condition: Good condition.
Browse more Vintage, Used and Collectible Cookbooks.