Sensational Sweets Cookbook
From the editors of Victoria Magazine, this Sensational Sweets cookbook features recipes for baking treats and desserts for tea time.
Format: Softcover, 208 pages.
Author: Victoria Magazine
Description: These Sumptuous Baking Recipes will become part of your family traditions, from a comforting and homey Almond Fudge Cake to a sophisticated and impressive Strawberry Cheesecake with Almond Whipped Cream. Here are the desserts that will fill your kitchen with irresistible aromas. Discover the almost sinful sweets that melt in your mouth with each warm, luscious forkful -- treats that look so delicious, they elicit oohs and aahs when you bring them to the table. The recipes come from Victoria magazine and include mouth-watering delicacies to serve with tea. Try:
- Tarte des Demoiselles Tatin: You'll savor it for the deep mahogany color and the intense flavor the apples develop as they slowly caramelize in butter and sugar.
- Flourless Chocolate Cake: A single layer of pure decadence that's so rich you can serve it in slivers.
- Royal Crescent Scones: These scones are at their best when served fresh from the oven with generous dollops of authentic clotted cream and homemade strawberry jam.
- Whidbey Island Loganberry Liqueur Cake: The raspberry- like flavor of the liqueur is the perfect complement to the chocolatey cake layers and rich whipped cream filling in this truly unforgettable dessert.
- White Chocolate Muffins: Appearances are deceiv- ing -- these muffins may look like plain vanilla, but they're actually a combination of white chocolate and orange.
- Raspberry Pecan Scones: A piped swirl of softened cream cheese lends a rich creaminess that makes this treat simply divine at teatime.
Bonus: Recipes for pantry staples, such as Old- Fashioned Dough and Creme Anglaise.
Condition: Good condition.
Browse more Vintage, Used and Collectible Cookbooks.