Hawaiian Cookbook gives you almost 300 recipes for Hawaiian regional cuisine. You will enjoy a wide variety of tropical dishes with fresh ingredients. Recipes features dishes like Mahi Mahi with Sesame Seeds, Banana Fritters with Whipped Coconut Cream, Flaming Pork Ipo, Hawaiian Pineapple Fritters, and many more island delights.
Format: Softcover, 272 pages.
Publisher: Dover Publications
Author: Roana and Gene Schindler
Description: Aloha and welcome to a Polynesian paradise of romance, splendor, and exotic cuisines...exciting, different, and absolutely simple to prepare. Nearly 300 foolproof recipes are clearly presented with many helpful suggestions for shortcuts, preparing ahead, variations, substitutions, everything you need to turn dining into a festive occasion. Each recipe consists of easily obtained ingredients -- most available in your local supermarket.
Here's a savory sampling of some of the many delicious drinks and dishes that you can make with the Hawaiian Cookbook:
- Hawaiian Cocktails: Wahini Coolers, Coco Locos, Mai Tais, Kona Koffee Grog.
- Tropical Fish: Sea Bass with Pine Nuts, Mullet in Orange Sauce, Broiled Fish with Teriyaki Sauce, Mahi Mahi with Sesame Seeds.
- Island Appetizers: Mushrooms Lelani, Lomi Lomi Salmon, Baked Clams Kai.
- Native Soups: Passion Fruit Soup, Celestial Nani, Watercress Soup, Wontons.
- Birds of Paradise: Stuffed Chicken Breasts in Pineapple Sauce, Cornish Hens Miko Moko, Chestnut Duck, Chicken Keo Keo, King Kaulooloo Duck.
- Salads and Sauces of the Tradewinds: Island Shrimp Salad, Mali Mali Sauce, Orange and Spinach Salad Molokai, Maui Tangy Sauce.
- A Garden of Vegetables: Bean Sprouts and Peppers, Eggplant in Coconut Cream, Candied Tomatoes, Cauliflower with Water Chestnuts and Mushrooms.
- Pacific Pork and Beef Dishes: Spareribs with Black Bean Sauce, Steak Bora Bora, Pork Lelani, Beef Mai Kai, Ham Alii, Polynesian Meatloaf.
- Aloha Desserts: Banana Fritters with Whipped Coconut Cream, Ko Ko Nut Balls, Candied Ginger, Red Oranges, Mango Macadamia Delight, Grapefruit Snow.
Plus, clever ideas for table decorations and interesting garnishes. Whether it's a romantic dinner for two or a luau for a whole tribe, Roana and Gene Schindler (Mr. Schindler was once the Executive Director of New York's famed Hawaii Kai restaurant) have thought of everything to make your culinary expedition a complete success.
Condition: Good condition.
Browse more Vintage, Used and Collectible Cookbooks.