Rick Bayless Mexican Everyday: Season 4 PBS TV Series
Rick Bayless Mexican Everyday features Mexican recipes demonstrated on season 4 of the PBS TV series Mexico One Plate at a Time featuring Bayless, one of the foremost chefs in America.
Format: Hardcover with dust jacket, 336 pages.
Publisher: W. W. Norton
Author: Rick Bayless with Deann Groen Bayless
Description: In his previous books, Rick Bayless transformed America's understanding of Mexican cuisine, introducing authentic dishes and cooking methods as he walked readers through Mexican markets and street stalls.
As much as Rick loves the bold flavors of Mexican food, he understands that preparing many Mexican specialties requires more time than most of us have for weeknight dinners. Mexican Everyday is written with an understanding of how busy we all are. It is a collection of 90 full-flavored recipes -- like Chipotle Chicken Salad Tacos, Ceviche Salad with Avocado, Red Chile Steak with Beans -- that meet three criteria for "everyday" food:
- 1) most need less than 30 minutes' involvement;
- 2) they have the fresh, delicious taste of simple, authentic preparations;
- 3) they are nutritionally balanced, fully rounded meals -- no elaborate side dishes required.
Filled with recipes featured on the fourth season of Rick's Public Television series, Mexico -- One Plate at a Time, this book provides dishes you can enjoy with family and friends, day in and day out.
Unique features include:
- Creative "riffs" on each recipe with seasonal ingredient variations, alternative meat choices and ideas for quick preparation and health-conscious cooking
- A guide to the Mexican pantry with full-color photographs of key fresh and canned ingredients, plus how to choose and store them
- A special grilling section with tips for stovetop and open-flame grillers, plus full-flavored rubs, marinades and salsas
- Rick's secrets to eating and living healthy, even when you're a chef.
Condition: Good condition.
Browse more Vintage, Used and Collectible Cookbooks.