Big Book of Preserving the Harvest
Big Book of Preserving the Harvest captures 150 recipes from freezing, canning, drying, and pickling fruits and vegetables.
Format: Softcover, 347 pages.
Publisher: Storey Publishing
Author: Carol W. Costenbader
Description: With The Big Book of Preserving the Harvest, even the busiest folks can create a well-stocked pantry of fruits, vegetables, flavored vinegars, pickles, chutneys, and seasonings. Step-by-step illustrated instructions, informative charts, and a host of delicious recipes make this an indispensable kitchen reference for cooks of all levels. The Big Book of Preserving the Harvest covers the handling and managing of produce fresh from the market or garden, including:
- Canning -- Containers and equipment, safety, and appropriate foods
- Drying -- Equipment, appropriate foods, drying times, and storage methods
- Freezing -- Containers, wrappings, and dry- and wet-pack methods
- Pickling -- Canning, freezing, and refrigerating; equipment and containers
- Preserving — Canning and freezing jams, jellies, and preserves
- Cold Storage -- Root cellars, storage methods, and produce preparation
- Gift Giving -- Creative packaging, gift baskets, and more
Condition: Good condition.
Browse more Vintage, Used and Collectible Cookbooks.