Practical Professional Cookery
Practical Professional Cookery, Third Edition, packs in an amazing 2,000 recipes and a comprehensive source of recipes for both culinary students and professional chefs.
Format: Softcover, 908 pages.
Copyright: 1992, Third Edition
Author: H.L. Cracknell and R.J. Kaufmann
Description: Practical Professional Cookery is recognized throughout the English-speaking world as the established source of recipes for student and professional alike. Covering the full range of work from the most basic dishes to those requiring advanced techniques, Cracknell and Kaufmann present each recipe in steps in easy-to-follow logical format.
The Third Edition:
- is completely and attractively reset to increase readability;
- has a 50 per cent increase in the number of recipes -- now over 2,000;
- offers longer introductory notes for each chapter which provide the necessary background;
- has new separate chapters on shellfish and potato dishes;
- complements the classic Anglo-French repertoire with a wide range of dishes from other national and ethnic cuisines: Biryani, Vindaloo, Chilli con Carne, Gravlax, Guacamole and Wiener Schnitzel all make their first appearance;
- has a vastly increased coverage of sweet dishes and ice-creams;
- has an extensive range of vegetable dishes.
Throughout, attention continues to be paid to the cost of the materials, sensible eating, hygienic practices and good nutrition.
Condition: Good condition.
Browse more Vintage, Used and Collectible Cookbooks.