Passion for Baking Cookbook
Over 220 recipes for muffins, cookies and pizzas make up A Passion for Baking Cookbook. Bakers will enjoy the many how-to technique images included in the book. This cookbook goes beyond recipes and is rich in tips and supporting information.
Format: Hardcover, 320 pages
Copyright: 2008, Second Printing
Publisher: Oxmoor House
Author: Marcy Goldman
Description: Known as the "maverick baker," author Marcy Goldman serves up the most over-the-top, decadent, grand, and gooey baked goods possible. This is no ordinary cookbook. The recipe titles alone will win your heart, Garlic-Slathered Stretch Bread, Caramel Swirl Hunks, Hot Buttered Popcorn Bread, Sticky Cashmere Muffins.
Marcy serves up over 220 buttery, flaky favorite recipes overflowing in 16 chapters, with 160 scrumptious-looking photographs -- over half of them technique shots so you'll feel like Marcy is your personal baking coach.
- Learn how to bake mammoth "mall-style" muffins using an ice-cream scoop.
- Crosshatch fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies to expose those melted morsels.
- Bake gourmet personal pan pizzas in a skillet.
What sets this book apart is Marcy's flair for unique recipe ideas and her signature grand style of baking, a world where muffins and brownies are huge, filled with candy chunks, topped with streusel, and drizzled with three types of chocolate. This is baking to celebrate. This is baking for fun.
- Home bakers will love Cheesecake Truffle Bombs, a simple cheesecake batter that's baked, cut into tiny bites, frozen, and dipped in melted chocolate.
- Recipes like Smash Apple Pie will appeal to the quick-and-easy crowd, shredded apple is sweetened, smashed between a pair of frozen piecrusts, dusted with sugar, and baked into homestyle goodness with very little effort.
- Hot Buttered Popcorn Bread packs a secret ingredient in the dough and gets slathered with melted butter after baking.
- Perfect Pecan Pie is just that, deeper, richer, and more luscious than ever. Plus, Marcy shares her secret for cutting perfect slices.
Marcy's approach to baking is fresh; the book is packed with tricks and tips like these:
- Forgot to soften your butter for that layer cake? Marcy's solution: Shred cold butter, and it softens and blends easily into batter.
- Timer went off and you couldn't get to the cookies in time? No problem. Marcy preaches "double sheeting," a method of stacking two baking sheets so that there's a cushion for even baking and no scorched bottoms.
- Her novel technique for proofing dough: Cover your mixer full of dough with a large clear plastic bag, and let the dough rise. Now that's no-mess easy.
Fresh, wholesome ingredients are called for throughout the book, but particularly in the "Grainy Goodness" chapter, in which Marcy puts whole grains to work in every recipe.
A Passion for Baking will give you reason to celebrate. Marcy Goldman's enthusiasm for baking is contagious, her baking tips unique, and recipes, well, they're over-the-top scrumptious stuff. Who wouldn't want to try Chocolate Eruption Cheesecake?
Once this book is in hand, you'll be looking for an occasion to bake. A Passion for Baking is the quintessential cookbook home bakers have been waiting for.
Condition: Good condition. Cover has a very small area where laminate is peeled off.