The New Southwest Cookbook
The New Southwest Cookbook takes a look at the recipes from the region's top restaurants and resorts. In total, the 135 recipes were contributed by 71 top restaurant chefs. The Rose Restaurant in Prescott submitted their Chocolate Mousse dish, Pastiche in Tucson contributed their Salmon Cakes, and Graze in New Mexico offered up their Tequilia Braised Country Style Ribs. Enjoy these and more southwestern flavors with the help of The New Southwest Cookbook.
Format: Softcover, 256 pages
Publisher: Rio Nuevo Publishers
Author: Carolyn Niethammer
Description: Since the mid-1980s, Southwest cuisine has undergone an explosion of creativity. The region's professional chefs, responding to the local ingredients and culture, have elaborated on the area's best-loved traditional specialties, giving bold new twists to traditional red and green chile, yellow pumpkin, and blue corn.
So that home cooks can try some of these exciting creations, we invited the Southwest's top restaurant and resort chefs to submit their favorite recipes. The result is some 135 original recipes from 71 chefs, including:
- Steamed Dos Equis Clams from Cafe Central in El Paso, Texas
- Wild Mushroom Quesadilla from Furnace Creek Inn, Death Valley National Park, California
- El Tovar Fire-Roasted Corn Salsa from El Tovar Lodge at the Grand Canyon, Arizona
- Navajo Eggplant with Charred Tomatillo Sauce from Zion Lodge in Zion National Park, Utah
- The Shed Posole from The Shed in Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Texas Millionaire Pie from Daily Pie Cafe in Pie Town, New Mexico
- Jalapeno Blue Corn Muffins from Tall Timber Resort in Durango, Colorado
Condition: Good condition.
Browse more Vintage, Used and Collectible Cookbooks.