My Kitchen Costa Rican Recipes
Nelly Urbina Castro published authentic Costa Rican recipes inside this My Kitchen cookbook. Recipes have been adapted for international use.
Format: Softcover, 161 pages.
Publisher: Nelly Urbina Castro
Author: Nelly Urbina Castro
Description: My Kitchen cookbook offers Costa Rican recipes that leverage the enormous variety of agricultural products available in the region.
In this book, Nelly Urbina Castro has tried to adapt Costa Rican recipes to the tastes of tourists, and to the products which they may be able to obtain, or to substitute, in their countries.
This cookbook contains:
- Traditional soups: Olla de Carne (Farmer's soup); Mondongo (Belly Pork); and Sopa Negra (Black beans soup), and vegetable and Caribbean soups with exotics tastes
- Salads, ripe and unripe, with vegetables, meats, fruits, etc.
- Dressings and Sauces
- Vegetables, steamed, stuffed and minced for lunch or dinner
- Main Dishes with new ideas
- Rices include the Gallo Pinto and the Congri (rice and beans), two styles: the Meseta Central and Guanacaste style and the Caribbean zone. And a special recipe: Arroz con Leche (rice and milk) with variations.
- Beans and other grains (lentils, chickpeas.etc) are in the same chapter
- Drinks cold and hot, and the most used ptisans (medicinal teas)
Condition: Covers have some creases, rubbing, and one long scratch on the back cover. Interior great condition.