Mesquite Country: Tastes and Traditions From the Tip of Texas
Mesquite Country: Tastes and Traditions From the Tip of Texas is a cookbook from the Hidalgo County Historical Museum. Inside this cookbook are the flavors of the border region of the Rio Grande Valley of Texas. Recipes contain the names of the contributors.
Format: Hardcover internal spiral bound, 286 pages.
Publisher: Wimmer Cookbooks
Author: Hidalgo County Historical Museum
Description: Tucked away in the southernmost tip of Texas is a region so rich in its heritage and cultural diversity, it could be its own | country. Spiced with the ranching traditions of Spain, seasoned by the folklore of Mexico, and steeped with the gracious hospitality of the old South, this is a place where the traditional meets the sophisticated to create the sublime. We call it Mesquite Country. You'll call it delicious.
- Explore the natural wonders of South Texas with enticing native plant recipes like Nopalito (Prickly Pear) Pizza.
- Experience the relaxed elegance of ranch dining with specialties like Doves in Sherry Sauce.
- Rejoice in the bounty of the sparkling gulf with tantilizing seafood dishes like Stuffed Flounder.
- Celebrate South Texas citrus with creations like Grapefruit Pico de Gallo, a tangy sweet and spicy relish.
- Swoon over savory selections from Old Mexico like Chiles Rellenos (stuffed chili peppers) and Fresh Corn Tamales.
Condition: Good condition.
Browse more Vintage, Used and Collectible Cookbooks.