La Cucina Di Lidia Bastianich Cookbook
La Cucina Di Lidia Bastianich Cookbook shares 120 family recipes from Lidia, one of the top Italian chefs of the century. Her amazing pastas and desserts are legendary.
Format: Hardcover, 284 pages.
Author: Lidia Bastianich and Jay Jacobs
Description: To the culinary delight of diners at her celebrated New York restaurant Felidia, Lidia Bastianich recreates the distinctive cuisine of her native Istria, which she describes as 50 percent Italian, 35 percent Yugoslavian, and the rest mixed German and Hungarian.
And now, Lidia has assembled a collection of over 120 simple but sophisticated family recipes that is spiced with tidbits of history and the traditions of her homeland and warmed with memories of her family.
From simple antipasti to robust meat dishes, from popular pastas to mouthwatering desserts, Lidia is a master chef who prepares every dish with the same loving care and meticulous attention to detail she experienced at home.
Highlights from La Cucina di Lidia:
- Insalata di Polipo e Patate (Octopus and Potato Salad)
- Polenta con Fonduta e Funghi Porcini (Polenta with Fontina and Porcini Mushrooms)
- Tagliatelle ai Porri (Tagliatelle with Leek Sauce)
- Gnocchi di Susine (Plum Gnocchi)
- Salmone alia Senape (Salmon with Mustard Sauce)
- Cima Genovese (Stuffed Breast of Veal)
- Anitra in Umido con Crauti (Duck Roasted with Sauerkraut)
- Treccia di Pane allUovo (Istrian Wedding Bread)
- Torta di Zabaglione al Cioccolato (Chocolate Zabaglione Cake)
Illustrated with sumptuous color food photography and evocative snapshots from Lidia's family album, La Cucina di Lidia is an exceptional cookbook. More than a collection of recipes, it is a warm and charming portrait of a special person and a special way of life.
Condition: Good condition.
Browse more Vintage, Used and Collectible Cookbooks.