Jacques Pepin More Fast Food My Way
Jacques Pepin More Fast Food My Way is great for beginners and people with a busy schedule. Here are simple steps to creating delicious meals from one of the world's top chefs.
Format: Hardcover with dust jacket, 240 pages.
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Author: Jacques Pepin
Description: How do you make a great dish from the simplest of ingredients and just a few uncomplicated steps, in no time at all?
In this book, America's most celebrated cooking teacher, who has been the personal chef to three French heads of state and has worked in the world's top-rated restaurants, shows you how he does it, with recipes that are faster, easier, and fresher than ever. Only Jacques Pepin could have come up with "fast food" so natural and spontaneous and yet so innovative and elegant.
Dozens of "Minute Recipes"
- Mini Croques-Monsieur, delicious little sandwich bites of Gruyere cheese and ham for a party or impromptu snack; Basil and Cheese Dip, which keeps its brilliant green color; and the fastest of the fast dinners, Chicken Persillade, a rotisserie chicken with a special topping that tastes so fresh, no one will suspect you didn't start from scratch.
- Cream of Leek and Mushroom (about 10 minutes); Hearty Vegetable Bean (10-12 minutes)
Sensational first courses
- Silver-dollar-sized Scallop Pancakes, savory and crispy (10 minutes); Tall Greek Tomato Salad, a dramatic but effortless presentation involving no cooking
Fast and faster dinners
- Roasted Split Chicken with Mustard Crust (35 minutes); Salmon Burgers on Baby Arugula (4 minutes); Stuffed Pork Tenderloin on Grape Tomatoes (about 25 minutes)
Uniquely easy side dishes
- The irresistible Skillet Broccoli Bits (5 minutes); Crunchy Kale (20 minutes), which bakes while you make the rest of the dinner
Stunning desserts for all seasons
- Skillet Apple Charlotte (35 minutes); Mini Almond Cakes in Raspberry Sauce (15 minutes)
Condition: Good condition.
Browse more Vintage, Used and Collectible Cookbooks.