Italian Light Cooking Cookbook
Italian Light Cooking is a healthy cookbook with 150 tasty recipes for everything from pizza to pesto. All recipes are low-calories, perfect for the calorie conscious dieter looking for delicious ideas for Italian recipes made light.
Format: Softcover, 188 pages
Publisher: A Perigee Book
Author: Marie Simmons
Description: While authentic Italian cooking is naturally delicious, it takes an expert to lose the calories but not the taste. In Italian Light Cooking, best-selling cookbook author Marie Simmons has done exactly that -- with mouth-watering results! Italian Light Cooking offers an entire range of sumptuous Italian cooking well within the boundaries of a lean, healthful diet. Inside you'll find:
- 150 delicious recipes for everyday dining and special entertaining, for everything from tempting antipastos, light and hearty soups, and a wide variety of pastas to vegetables, salads, meat, and desserts
- Naturally slim Italian dishes such as Baked Stuffed Mushroom Caps and Broiled Marinated Swordfish with Lemon and Rosemary
- Tasty, reduced-calorie versions of richer specialties, such as Linguine with Pesto Sauce and Beef Roast Braised in Red Wine and Tomato Sauce
- The secrets of fine Italian cooking -- fresh herbs and perfectly balanced flavors -- combined with reduced-fat cooking techniques -- minimal use of olive oil, generous use of vegetables and low-fat cheese
- Calorie values for every recipe, compiled by a registered dietitian
Condition: Good condition with minor cover wear.
Browse more Vintage, Used and Collectible Cookbooks.