Complete Idiot's Guide to Cooking with Mixes Cookbook
Over 250 easy-to-prepare dishes using soup, cake, and spice mixes are found in this handy cookbook, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Cooking with Mixes.
Format: Softcover, 330 pages
Author: Ellen Brown
Description: You're no idiot, of course. You'd like to spend less time in the kitchen, and cooking with mixes seems like an excellent, and low-stress, solution. But sometimes you feel that something about a recipe just doesn't add up.
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Cooking with Mixes helps you make fantastically easy dishes that don't taste or look easy! So grab a mix, add a few extra ingredients, and really get cooking. In this Complete Idiot's Guide, you get:
- Delicious, quick appetizers like Barbecue Salmon Gravlax with Chili Mayonnaise, Tomato Bruschetta, and Welsh Rarebit Dip.
- Expert tips on how to create intensely flavored sauces like Herbed Cream Sauce,Wild Mushroom Sauce, and Citrus Hollandaise.
- Idiot-proof advice on how to use marinades, dressings, and dried herb and spice rubs to flavor your dishes.
- Easy and delicious dessert recipes for cobblers, bars, brownies, cookies, cakes, trifles, and strudels.
Mix up recipes for ...
- Marinades and rubs such as Spicy Margarita Marinade and Mustard Citrus Marinade.
- Super soups and stews such as Mexican Tortilla Soup and Chilled Dined Cucumber Soup.
- Meaty favorites like Greek-Style Leg of Lamb, Cranberry-Maple Spareribs, and Shepherd's Pie.
- Dishes from the sea like Seafood Jambalaya, Spicy Southwest Shrimp, and Grilled Jerk Tuna.
- Delectable desserts such as Chocolate Almond Cheesecake, Raspberry Lemon Trifle, and Peach Cherry Streusel.
- Cake creations like Black Forest Torte and Rum Raisin Banana Cake with Caramel Frosting.
- 250 recipes for delicious dishes and desserts using soup, cake, and spice mixes.
- Simple tips on making great gravies, sauces, and more without all the fuss.
- Tantalizing and easy recipes for vegetarian dishes, main courses, dressings, dips, soups, stews, and desserts.
Condition: Cover and interior pages are in very nice condition. Page 124 has a very small tear (taped) in the top edge.
Browse more Vintage, Used and Collectible Cookbooks.