An Affair to Remember Cookbook
An Affair to Remember: Recipes, Menus, and Home Entertaining Tips from Hollywood Leading Caterers is a memorable cookbook with 60 recipes, plus photos, menus, tips, and more from the caterers to the rich and famous from Hollywood, California.
Format: Hardcover with dust jacket, 160 pages.
Publisher: General Publishing Group
Author: Judy Kessler
Description: Hollywood has always been synonymous with entertainment, but with An Affair to Remember, the equation takes on a delicious new meaning. Today Hollywood is as renowned for producing great recipes as it is for making great movies, and the parties created to showcase the newest, most innovative, and intriguing ways of eating and entertaining are as worthy of Oscars® as LA.'s blockbuster films themselves.
An Affair to Remember goes behind the scenes with the real vanguard of Hollywood entertainment -- the creme de la creme of LA's caterers -- to present every ingredient of a truly great affair, from planning an event, simple or sublime, on a grand or intimate scale, to carrying it off in incomparable style. Complete menus and stunning photographs complement over 60 mouth-watering recipes for all courses, including:
- Hors d'oeuvres: Grilled Shiitake Mushrooms with Sun- dried Tomato Relish; Vietnamese Vegetable Spring Rolls with Sesame Soy Sauce;Tuna Tartar on a Crostini.
- First courses: Artichoke and Soft Shell Crab Salad; Mille- Feuille of Caviar and Smoked Salmon with Chive Sauce; Roasted Pumpkins Filled with Shrimp, Scallops, and Lobster in a Champagne Sauce.
- Entrees: Salmon with Black Pepper and Ginger Crust, Herbed Rack of Lamb with Bordelaise Sauce; Roast Duck in Acacia Honey and Cider Vinegar Sauce; Seared Whitefish with Corn and Winter Squash.
- Desserts: Chocolate Souffle Pie; Key Lime Napoleon; French Butter Apple Tart
Learn how to put it all together in perfect harmony from the new breed of Hollywood producers who are fast becoming household names.
- Attend the premiere party for Men in Black, complete with UFOs, aliens, and "out-of-this-world" dishes created by Mary Micucci of Along Came Mary, Hollywood's undisputed "reigning catering queen."
- Enjoy a movie producer's Italian villa-themed wedding, impeccably planned by Market Catering, then experience an intimate birthday dinner catered by Ian Sudano.
- Become a guest at the fourth annual Fire and Ice Ball, a fundraiser for women's cancer research featuring the collection of fashion designer Isaac Mizrahi and the cuisine of famed chef and restaurateur Wolfgang Puck.
- Other world-class purveyors of fine food included are Colin Cowie, Thaddeus Smith of DC3, Joachim Splichal of Patina, Tom Byrne of La Cuisine, and Gai Klass.
Their tips on everything from devising a theme to folding a napkin; from setting the table to creating centerpieces; from arranging the right seating to executing the perfect lighting will enable you to bring the distinct flavor of Hollywood into your home and create an ambience that will irrepressibly enchant your guests. An invaluable addition to the collections of aspiring hosts and film buffs alike, An Affair to Remember is guaranteed to be something you will never forget.
Condition: Good condition.
Browse more Vintage, Used and Collectible Cookbooks.