Good Housekeeping Cookbook 1956
The Good Housekeeping Cookbook is a cookbook collector's classic. This 1956 edition contains over 3,000 recipes and has an emphasis on quick and easy dishes. The comprehensive vintage cookbook is a household must in the same style as Betty Crocker, McCall's and other cookbook favorites. This edition doesn't come into stock often!
Format: Hardcover, 760 pages.
Copyright: 1955 Edition
Publisher: Hearst Magazines, Inc.
Editor: Dorothy B. Marsh
- Over 3000 Good Housekeeping Institute tested recipes, including 1000 new ones
- Enlarged chapters on pressure cookery, home freezing, quantity cookery, and leftovers
- New emphasis on quick-and-easy dishes
- Six new chapters on barbecues, foreign dishes, treats for children, chafing-dish, casserole and dieting dinners
- New features include the popular "Susan" step-by-step recipes and many recipes from the Famous Cook Book series
- Complete information on every step in food preparation from intelligent buying to attractive serving
Condition: Good condition. Cover has some faded edges. Opening few pages are loose (but attached) at the spine.
Browse more Vintage, Used and Collectible Cookbooks.