Golfer's Cookbook - Recipes Collected at Pebble Beach
This Golfer's Cookbook contains recipes collected at California golf paradise, Pebble Beach. California and Mexican cuisines are emphasized. From Arnold Palmer's sugared bacon strips to Glen Campbell's down-home chili, golfers will find this to be a handy quick and easy recipe resource that will offer them more time on the golf course.
Format: Hardcover and dust jacket, 296 pages
Publisher: Hurtig Publishers
Author: Maureen Chodosh and Maggie Weiss
Description: Here is a delightful. collection of appealing recipes perfect for anybody who prefers to spend less time in the kitchen and more time on the golf course. Tom Watson, Fuzzy Zoeller, Amy Alcott, Jan Stephenson, Clint Eastwood, Bob Hope, and many other golfing celebrities have contributed their favorites. California's Pebble Beach, long a paradise for golfers, was the inspiration for this unique cookbook, and several of the area's nationally known restaurants have also provided enticing recipes.
Inventive, California cuisine features abundant fresh fruit and vegetables, high-quality beef, seafood, and chicken, and hints of zesty Mexican influence. The emphasis is on quick-and-easy meals, with a wide variety of make-ahead main dishes. Whether it's entertaining at an elegant, poolside barbecue or fixing a quiet supper at home, this book offers recipes for every occasion.
- Starters: surprise your guests with the unusual hot crab dip, or Arnold Palmer's sugared bacon strips.
- Soups: treat the family to the sophisticated cream of asparagus, or the lovely chilled melon soup.
- Salads and Vegetables: try everything from avocado to zucchini, and don't miss the tantalizing eggplant dressing.
- Breads: serve the fragrant banana-nut bread, or the mouth-watering cranberry muffins.
- Meat and Poultry: choose from an outstanding selection that includes Glen Campbell's down-home chili and Jack Nicklaus' glamorous chicken Florentine.
- Seafood: offer the wonderful shrimp in garlic butter, or the delicate sole rolled with mushrooms.
- Desserts: indulge in the sinfully rich chocolate fudge cake, or the delectable, low-calorie watermelon mousse.
And, for anyone who wants to look a little slimmer in his or her golfing outfits, the special, low-fat recipes are a must.
The Monterey Peninsula, with its many famous golf courses, its pretty seaside towns of Monterey, Pacific Grove and Carmel, and its well-known restaurants, is a mecca for both golfers and diners. The spectacular scenery, and the splendid and challenging courses, draw visitors from around the world. One of the biggest attractions is the Bing Crosby National Invitational Tournament, better known as The Crosby Pro-Am, one of the top golfing events in North America. The Crosby has been played in the Monterey area since 1947, and has helped make Pebble Beach and its neighboring courses a haven for golf enthusiasts.
Stunning photographs showcase the beauty of the landscape and the food. Anybody interested in cooking or golf will love this book!
Condition: Good condition. Tiny nick in jacket on edge.
Browse more Vintage, Used and Collectible Cookbooks.