The Four-Star American Community Cookbook
The Four-Star American Community Cookbook compiles 350 community recipes from an array of fundraising organizations including the Junior League, museums, historical societies, and similar.
Format: Softcover, 302 pages.
Publisher: Running Press
Author: Anne Patterson Dee
Description: It Took Thousands of America's Best Cooks to Make a Cookbook This Good!
Here are America's best recipes, gathered from nearly 200 community cookbooks published by Junior Leagues, historical associations, art museums, and other community-service organizations.
This is a complete cookbook with more than 350 favorite recipes for appetizers, breads, soups and stews, poultry and seafood, meats, pasta, vegetables, salads, and desserts -- each one triple-tested!
It's a one-of-a-kind sourcebook, too, with capsule reviews of nearly 200 community cookbooks and information on how to order them directly from the community-service service organizations that publish them.
This book is a celebration of authentic American regional cooking at its finest and a unique collection of recipes, including:
- Mexican-style Baked Chicken from the Junior League of Albuquerque
- Swedish Lace Cookies from the Rochester Folk Art Guild
- Pedernales River Chili from the San Antonio Symphony League
- Blue Flower Omelet from the Shaker Historical Society
- Dirty Rice from the Larose Civic Club of Larose, Louisiana
- The Best Bread in the World from the Junior League of Omaha
Condition: Good condition.
Browse more Vintage, Used and Collectible Cookbooks.