First Impressions Appetizers Cookbook
First Impressions appetizers cookbook includes 175 memorable appetizers and first courses. Here are some examples of the small bits you'll find inside Chicken Curry with Pita Pockets, Smoked Gouda and Leek Tartlets, BLT Pizzettes, Avocado Pate with Parsley and PIstachios, and Honey Muster Spareribs.
Format: Hardcover with dust jacket, 288 pages
Publisher: William Morrow and Company, Inc.
Author: Betty Rosbottom
Description: You've decided on the main course and dessert. The flowers are ordered. The table linens are pressed and the silver is polished. But what will you serve your hungry guests first?
In First Impressions, cooking teacher and syndicated columnist Betty Rosbottom has created 175 imaginative new recipes and updated classics for first courses and appetizers. Each chapter is devoted to an individual category of recipes, such as savory scones and biscuits, tartlets, relishes and salsas, and seafood specialties. Some highlights include:
- Turnovers, Triangles, and Pinwheels -- pastry-wrapped packages made with store-bought puff pastry, phyllo, or pizza dough and filled with tasty combinations, such as asparagus, ricotta, and prosciutto, or curried beef. Most of these can be made in advance and popped into the oven directly from the freezer.
- Pizzettes -— bite-sized mini-pizzas with delightfully unexpected toppings such as potato and chives, apples and Brie, and even a "BLT" version (bacon, leeks, and tomato).
- Dips, Relishes, and Salsas -- quintessential cocktail party food with innovative touches, such as Roasted Red Pepper Salsa with Cornbread Wedges, Warm Acorn Squash Dip with Sliced Apples and Sausage, and Sesame Sauce with Bay Scallops.
- Savory Cheesecakes -- definitely not for dessert. There's Mexican cheesecake with a crushed tortilla chip crust, spicy cream cheese filling, and salsa topping; Smoked Salmon Cheesecake, elegant enough for a dinner party yet simple enough for a weekend brunch; and Curried Cheesecake with Chutney, layered with Indian spices, currants, and nuts.
- Party Entrees -- plate-and-fork food for cocktail party buffets and other large events. Try the Lime Marmalade-Glazed Chicken Wings or Roast Pork with Red Currant Sauce.
Nearly all of the recipes in First Impressions can be partially or fully prepared in advance and most require no more than a cocktail napkin. To round out the collection, there is advice on using store-bought ingredients and on menu and party planning. Whether for a casual, spontaneous event for a few friends or a carefully planned celebration for a large crowd, Betty Rosbottom provides countless opportunities to make a first impression that's a lasting one.
Condition: Good condition with light jacket wear.
Browse more Vintage, Used and Collectible Cookbooks.