Faye Levy's International Jewish Cookbook
Faye Levy's International Jewish Cookbook presents 250 Jewish recipes, both new and traditional. Levy features dishes like Hamantaschen with Fig Filling, Piroshki with Salmon and Cabbage, Mushroom Blintzes, Israeli Grilled Chicken, Potato Kugel with Asparagus and Broccoli, and Cinnamon-Nut-Raisin Crescents (Rugelach).
Format: Hardcover with dust jacket, 364 pages
Publisher: Warner Books
Author: Faye Levy
Description: If you think Jewish cooking is mostly matzo balls and chicken soup: think again! Few cuisines are as ethnically varied as Jewish rood; and no one knows Jewish cooking better than Faye Levy.
A renowned culinary scholar and chef, Faye Levy researched this book while living -- and cooking -- in Israel, France, and America. She also drew on her family s diverse Jewish heritage, including recipes from her Polish mother, Yemenite mother-in-law, Israeli husband, and Indian/Jewish sister-in-law.
The result is one or the most comprehensive and unique Jewish cookbooks ever, one peppered with personal anecdotes, cultural insights, historic lore, and featuring more than 250 international recipes. This lavish volume offers menus for the major Jewish holidays...as well as great ideas for bar- and bat-mitzvah brunches, Sabbath repasts, and elegant dining in general. Now you can learn how to make, mix, and match both unusual and traditional Jewish dishes, such as:
- Chive Blintzes with Cabbage and Sour Cream - a savory Polish-style dish that makes a luscious lunch
- Spring Vegetable Soup with Fresh Herbs - a light, tasty North African Passover pleaser flavored with fresh artichokes and mint
- Sweet and Sour Salmon - an Eastern European summer specialty enhanced with currants, walnuts, and parsley
- Hamantaschen with Fig Filling - the traditional pastry of Purim, here with a filling of dark, moist rigs, and a distinctly Middle Eastern accent
- Sabra Sorbet - a refreshing dessert, drenched in Israel's famed "Sabra" chocolate-orange liqueur.
Lovingly compiled and dazzlingly rich in scope, these authoritatively produced and clearly written recipes will have you agreeing with Zanne Early Zakrorr, Food Department Director or Gourmet magazine, who said: "Faye Levy is one of the finest cooks in the country."
Condition: Good condition. One corner of dust jacket frayed.
Browse more Vintage, Used and Collectible Cookbooks.