Farmington Kentucky community recipe secrets are shared in The Farmington Cookbook. Derby breakfasts and quick meal dishes are all part of this wonderful kitchen resource.
Format: Hardcover spiral bound, 358 pages. Fifth edition
Description: Some of Kentucky's most gracious hostesses share their favorite recipes and cooking secrets, such as:
- Derby Breakfasts -- menus and recipes for large and small breakfasts.
- Start With Two Minutes -- complete menu suggestions for unexpected visitors.
- Herbs By The Kitchen Door -- ideas for harvesting and preserving; general uses; unusual recipes.
- Formulas -- designed to show how to create easily a dish of your own. See "Start With ...", "Make Your Own ... ".
- Helpful Hints -- cooking tips and suggestions that ordinarily take years of experience to accumulate are scattered throughout, then indexed for easy finding.
- Microwave Conversion Suggestions -- general formula for converting conventional recipes to microwave use; includes index of Farmington Cookbook recipes that may be adapted.
- Buying Guide -- how much to buy for cooking without waste.
The Farmington Cookbook is a cookbook in two parts.
"Freewheeling in the Kitchen" is concerned, first, with setting forth certain general formulas or patterns on which cooking is based; second, with simplifying food preparation by using shortcuts wherever possible.
"Distinction in the Kitchen" is concerned with achieving excellence in food preparation. Many recipes have been simplified but no shortcut ingredients or methods are used unless they make no difference in the final product. On those occasions when speed is important, refer to "Substitutions" in "Guidelines" or in the Index.
It is hoped that "The Farmington Cookbook" will make cooking a little easier, a little better; and that it will encourage those of a new generation, consigned to the kitchen, to venture on their own.
"Lagniappe" is a small additional section, a gift to you, our reader.
Condition: Bookboards and interior pages are overall in good condition. Covers show very minor shelf wear. Edges are slightly scuffy in a few spots. Front cover's bottom right corner tip is slightly creased.
Browse more Vintage, Used and Collectible Cookbooks.