Everybody Eats Well in Belgium Cookbook
Everybody Eats Well in Belgium Cookbook presents 250 Belgian recipes. Everything from steamed mussels to waffles to a chocolate ganache tart are found inside this cookbook.
Format: Softcover, 336 pages.
Publisher: Workman Publishing Company
Author: Ruth Van Waerebeek and Maria Robbins
Description: At last, a book that reveals Europe's best-kept culinary secret: Belgium. From three-star restaurants -- of which the country has more per capita than France -- to the legions of a devoted, opinionated, accomplished home cooks, Belgium and the Belgian people are passionate about good food. Starting with a humble mussel, fried potato, simple chicken, or piece of chocolate, Belgians find a way -- and always a surprisingly easy way -- to make magic. As Belgians explain it, since one has to eat three times a day, why not make a feast of every meal?
A Sample of Belgian Home Cooking:
- Smoked Trout Mousse with Watercress Sauce
- Flemish Beef Stew Cooked in Beer
- Mussels with Snail Butter
- Waterzooi of Chicken
- Quiche with Gorgonzola and Asparagus
- Buttermilk Soup with Apples
- Gratin of Belgian Endives
- Braised Partridge with Cabbage and Abbey Beer
- The One and Only Truly Belgian Fries
- Flemish Yeast Pancakes, Breughel Style
- Pears Poached in Spiced Red Wine
- Belgian Chocolate Ganache Tart
Condition: Good condition. Very light wear at cover corner.
Browse more Vintage, Used and Collectible Cookbooks.