Dessert Lover's Cookbook - Marlene Sorosky
Dessert Lover's Cookbook by Marlene Sorosky is a wonderful cookbook with over 200 delectable dessert recipes. Sorosky's recipes are memorable. We got a tip from a customer that the Oreo Cheesecake is the absolute best of the best and that she highly recommended this cookbook for those looking for amazing dessert recipes.
Format: Hardcover and dust jacket, 238 pages.
Copyright: 1985. First edition
Publisher: Harper & Row Publishers
Author: Marlene Sorosky
Description: Over 200 superlative desserts from one of the country's most popular and best-selling cookbook writers. Her recipes, said James Beard, are "not simple little desserts, but rich confections that are both toothsome and elegant."
Once again Marlene Sorosky lives up to her reputation for recipes that always work, for creations that are lovely to look at, wonderful to eat, and easy to make in this hand- some large-format book with more than 120 gorgeous color photographs. Special features:
- all the important techniques in dessert-making are illustrated step-by-step in full color
- each chapter opens with invaluable tips
- special Q-and-A chapters on baking, equipment and ingredients
- many new breakthrough techniques: a flexible chocolate dough that can be shaped into ribbons and bands without tempering or temperature controls; cheesecakes that don't crack
- a special chapter on decorations that enable you to make desserts that look as though they were made by a professional
- great new chocolate creations -- chocolate cream puffs, chocolate buttermilk biscuits, and more
- directions to "prepare ahead," which means no last-minute work for the cook
- techniques that simplify making desserts that look as though they took all day
Marlene Sorosky's instructions are clear as day and her range is staggering. Her recipes in this new book range from layer cakes, tortes, cake rolls, bundt cakes, cheesecakes, and puddings to pies and tarts, mousses, custards, ice cream, souffles, meringues, and all types of fruit desserts.
Her new book is not just a recipe book. It is full of practical information which will prove extremely valuable to home cooks of all levels. Recipes are as streamlined as possible; unnecessary steps are eliminated. Advanced dessert makers, who seek innovative recipes, will be amazed by the many variations of classic themes. Beginners will appreciate the detailed explanations of techniques and the fail-proof recipe instructions.
Condition: Good condition with minor shelf wear--some worn cloth on the bottom corner of the book.
Browse more Vintage, Used and Collectible Cookbooks.