Great Country Inns of America Cookbook
Great Country Inns of America Cookbook shares over 400 recipes from inns around the United States. Meals from morning to midnight are included. If you enjoy the cooking of a country inn, this book is the perfect guide to good cooking with a listings organized by state.
Format: Softcover, 421 pages.
Copyright: 1992, Second Edition.
Publisher: Adams Media
Author: James Stroman
Description: Select Recipes from Famous American Inns Although there are many small American lodges and bed and breakfast establishments, there is a much smaller number of truly landmark country inns, whose fame and recognition extend well beyond their local areas. The newly revised second edition of The Great Country Inns of America Cookbook features recipes exclusively from these most famous inns. The recipes were carefully selected to offer a rich representation of the finest in country inn cooking from all parts of the nation.
All recipes are organized by food type for easy reference. A brief description of the contributing inn, along with its address and phone number, accompanies each recipe. In addition, many of the inns are illustrated. The traditional foods included -- from the simplest lemonades or chocolate brownies to the most elegant in international and regional fare -- are a time-honored treasure of our nation's past.
Among the enticing recipes included are:
- Apple Blackberry Crumble (The Manor Farm Inn, Poulsboro, WA)
- Baked Bluefish (The 1661 Inn, Block Island, RI)
- Barbecue Sauce (Wells Inn, Sisterville, WV)
- Bouillabaisse (Accomac Inn, Wrightsville, PA)
- Chicken Marsala (Snowville Inn, Snowville, NH)
- Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies (Redstone Castle, Carbondale, CO)
- German Potato Salad (Frankenmuth Bavarian Inn, Frankenmuth, MI)
- Green Chili Huevos Rancheros (Sagebrush Inn, Taos, NM)
- Mushrooms Stuffed with Crab Imperial (Blue Coat Inn, Dover, DE)
- Oatmeal Banana Cookies (Mayan Ranch, Bandera, TX)
- Old Fashioned Sweet-Sour Cole Slaw (Brookville Hotel, Brookville, KS)
- Pecan Nut Roll (Barrow House, St. Francisville, LA)
- Plum Muffins (Rainbow Ranch Guest Lodge, Gallatin Gateway, MT)
- Spicy Peach Marmalade (Balfour House, Vicksburg, MS)
- Sweet Potato Pie (Walnut Grove, Cheneyville, LA)
Condition: Good condition.