Cookie Party Cookbook
Cookie Party Cookbook presents more than 170 recipes for cookies, candies, and other sweets from cookie exchange bakers. This cookbook shows you how to host your own cookie exchange. This is a fun cookibook for those looking to try out an interesting party concept with cookie swapping.
Format: Softcover, 344 pages
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Author: Robin L. Olson
Description: At a cookie party, a group of people meet, each bringing dozens of their favorite cookies to trade with the other guests. Robin Olson has helped re-popularize and add new twists to the old-fashioned cookie exchange party, making a nineteenth-century invention a tradition once again. Olson has perfected her ideas through her rich and much-beloved Web site, drawing on the experiences of guests at scores of her own parties, her friends, and her international network of bakers. Her knowledge is packed into this wonderful, informative, bursting-at-the-seams book.
In The Cookie Party Cookbook, readers will learn:
- How to throw a cookie exchange, from timeline to invitations, entertainment to refreshments
- Tips for a perfect cookie swap (hints: don't invite men or kids, do serve savories, think of at least one silly and fun activity or contest, such as a prize for the worst holiday-themed sweater)
- Ideas for festive packaging, expert cookie decorating, baking tips, and smart shipping
- Over 170 recipes for no-fail cookies, bars, and candies (from Peppermint Pinwheels to Eggnog Logs, Butterscotch Bars to Lemon Melting Moments, Cappuccino Bonbons to Marzipan Squares) from loyal cookie exchange bakers all over the world
- International recipes so that readers can honor family traditions.
Condition: Good condition.
Browse more Vintage, Used and Collectible Cookbooks.