Cocolat Cookbook - Chocolate Recipes
Cocolat Cookbook offers chocolate lovers delectable recipes from pastry shop legend Alice Medrich. These designer desserts have been touted at show stoppers. You won't be let down. Truffles, macaroons, cakes, cupcakes and more delicious desserts like these are all found inside. There are also techniques covered including sculpting chocolate roses and more.
Format: Hardcover and dust jacket, 204 pages
Publisher: Warner Books
Author: Alice Medrich
Description: In this lavish book, the maitresse of Cocolat shares her exclusive techniques with you, enabling you to make the kind of visually stunning, "designer desserts" you thought only a professional could master. Here are how-to recipes for such show-stopping confections as:
- A Christmas mousse of white chocolate, surrounded by pinwheels of cranberry and raspberry-filled cake, scented with Kirsch.
- An unforgettable cake for Father's Day, splashed with rum, shaped like a sleek box, and tied with a ribbon of marbleized chocolate
- A child's birthday cake like no other: a whimsical tower of miniature help-yourself cupcakes, each capped with a milk or white chocolate glaze
- A superlative petite pastry -- an almond macaroon crowned with a gold-tipped, two-inch cone of chocolate-coated cream
- An incredible, soft-centered, chocolate-dipped American chocolate truffle -- the luscious delicacy that put Cocolat on the dessert map.
Alice Medrich makes these and other dream desserts feasible by taking complex techniques and breaking them down into accessible, easy-to-follow steps. "She imparts so much practical and useful information that even a first-time baker can reproduce her masterpieces," says Marlene Sorosky, author of The Dessert Lover's Cookbook.
You'll learn how to sculpt chocolate cabbage roses; make spectacular chocolate ruffles and fans; create dramatic three-toned chocolate cigarettes, chocolate shavings, and much more.
And because everyone needs a break from a favorite flavor, even when it's chocolate, Ms. Medrich tempts your taste buds with a sampling of her heavenly nonchocolate delights as well -- including her tangy Lemon Bombe and her rum and coconut creation, Coco Cabana.
Filled with gorgeous full-color photographs, precise directions, a helpful troubleshooting guide, and fabulous recipes, Cocolat cookbook is truly the ultimate chocolate dessert book.
Condition: Good condition. Slight crease in laminate on back of dust jacket.
Browse more Vintage, Used and Collectible Cookbooks.