Food Lover's Guide To Canning
Inside the Food Lover's Guide To Canning you will find more than 100 recipes, plus home-canning methods and recipes tips. If you have ever wanted to learn about home-canning, this is the guide for you!
Format: Softcover, 128 pages.
Publisher: Lark Books
Author: Chris Rich and Lucy Clark Crawford
Description: Yes, this is a manual of home-canning methods, and yes, it includes more than 100 recipes, but The Food Lover's Guide to Canning is much, much more. Think of it as your entry way into a breathtaking pantry, stocked with jar after colorful jar of gourmet fare. Zesty Mexican salsas. Exotic Indian chutneys. Savory, herb-filled sauces and exquisite marmalades. All with your own private label.
You don't need a half-acre garden a two-week vacation, or a four-year degree in food sciences to begin. One free afternoon and a copy of this book will get you off to a great start. Inside, you'll find:
- more than 100 contemporary recipes
- clear explanations of how canning works
- tips on purchasing, using, and maintaining canning equipment
- step-by-step instructions for boiling-water bath canning and pressure canning
- helpful color photos that demonstrate exactly what to do
- guidelines for storing your food safely
- information on how to can more than 50 common fruits and vegetables
From start to finish, modern home canning is a hobby that offers exceptional rewards:
- the fun of working with terrific new recipes, choosing ones that suit your tastes exactly
- the satisfaction of selecting your own ingredients: the freshest fruits and vegetables, the best herbs and spices
- the pleasure (and convenience) of a pantryful of homemade fare, ready for quick gourmet meals or one-of-a-kind gifts
Condition: Good condition.