Big Small Plates Cookbook
Big Small Plates Cookbook by Cindy Pawlcyn shares small plate recipes from the Mustards Grill, Napa Valley owner. According to the book's cover and Jacques Pepin, the cookbook "...epitomizes the new, modern American cuisine, with an eclectic and mouth-watering collection of original dishes."
Format: Hardcover with dust jacket, 370 pages.
Publisher: Ten Speed Press
Author: Cindy Pawlcyn with Pablo Jacinto and Erasto Jacinto
Description: Fans of Cindy Pawlcyn's Mustards Grill have been making meals out of her sampler-size starters for years. In Big Small Plates, Cindy brings home the biggest trend in eating out, with generously scaled recipes that promise less fuss and more flavor than traditional appetizers. This wide-ranging collection of universally appealing recipes spans soups, finger foods, salads, mini entrees, and even sweets, including:
- Dungeness Crab-Sweet Potato-Corn Fritters
- Mongolian Barbecued Lamb Chops
- Miso-Glazed Beef in Lettuce Cups
- Salmon, Halibut, and Scallop Ceviche with Coconut
- Braised Portobello and Porcini Mushrooms with Spiced Flatbread
- Rabbit Tostadas with Cumin-Scented Black Beans and Lime Creme Fraiche
- Mini Duck Burgers with Shiitake Mushroom Ketchup and Chinese-Style Mustard Sauce
- Fried Green Tomatoes with Spicy Remoulade
- Mini Tres Leches Cakes with Mexican Chocolate Sauce
- Double Trouble Chocolate Mousse Torte
and many more dishes designed to satisfy big appetites as well as grazers.
An enticing alternative to conventional main-course cooking, Big Small Plates delivers the inspiration and insight that make this new way of eating -- and entertaining -- practical at home.
Condition: Good condition.
Browse more Vintage, Used and Collectible Cookbooks.