Practical Encyclopedia of Asian Cooking
With 100 authentic recipes from across Asia, the Practical Encyclopedia of Asian Cooking is a photograph-rich cookbook with step-by-step photos and images of the finished dishes. We know you will be pleased cooking with this special cookbook!
Format: Hardcover with dust jacket, 256 pages.
Publisher: Lorenz Books
Author: Sallie Morris
Description: Some of the world's most exciting cuisines are found in Asia. From the vastness of China to the island states of Indonesia and the Philippines, food is prepared with great pleasure and attention to detail. Each country has its own unique style of cooking, but they have many ingredients in common and they all share a similar approach to food. The Practical Encyclopedia of Asian Cooking is a beautifully photographed, comprehensive guide to the food and cooking of this region, with enticing, authentic recipes.
Part One: Visual Catalog
- A fascinating introduction to the different cuisines of Asia, plus a fact-filled guide to useful equipment.
- Fabulous visual catalog of Asian foods includes essential information on every type of ingredient from the daily staples, such as rice and noodles, to unusual fruits and vegetables and exotic fish.
- Includes facts about how to choose the very best ingredients, their culinary uses and storage.
- Essential cooking and preparation techniques.
Part Two: Essential Recipes
- Includes over 100 authentic recipes with easy-to-follow, illustrated step-by-step instructions.
- Find out how to make classic dishes from every corner of the region: Peking duck, spring rolls, dim sum, Thai fish cakes, red chicken curry, Vietnamese shrimp fritters, sate, nasi goreng, Japanese sushi and sashimi, and coconut ice cream.
With a wide range of ingredients now available in supermarkets, there's never been a better time to discover the enticing flavors of Asia. The Practical Encyclopedia of Asian Cooking, which combines a fascinating visual guide to the foods of this continent with exciting and authentic recipes, is the only book on identifying, preparing and cooking Asian ingredients that you will ever need.
Condition: Good condition.
Browse more Vintage, Used and Collectible Cookbooks.