Shrimp Cashew Salad Recipe
This Shrimp Cashew Salad Recipe is a Cookbook Village favorite and has been developed using fat-free ingredients, where possible. The best part about it is it can be made in under 10 minutes and tastes like a restaurant quality meal. Two of us devour the entire dish by ourselves so make sure to make extra if you are eating this as a main course. It is so good you won't be able to stop eating it so when in doubt, make more.
For those of you who don't like peas (we use the Petit Peas), you may want to pass. The recipe though not focused specifically on peas, just wouldn't taste the same without them. The one ingredient that I think could be skipped to really create a low-cal meal would be the cashews. One of us (ahem...Ruben) thinks those are the best part of the dish so he would be pretty crushed if they were suddenly no longer in the recipe. Please enjoy this recipe favorite. As always, we ask for your feedback if get a chance to try this Shrimp Cashew Salad recipe out. There is an ability to add comments on any of our articles.
Serves up to 2-6 (if eaten as complete meal, serves 2. If side dish serves 4-6)
- 3/4 lb. Cooked Medium Shrimp - Peeled & Tail-Off
- 8 ounces of Petit Peas - Thawed (1/2 a 16 ounce bag from the frozen section)
- 1 cup Cashew Nuts - Halved and Salted
- 3 Celery Stalks - Chopped
- 1 cup Green Onions - Sliced
- 1 can Water Chestnuts - Sliced (Asian foods aisle of the supermarket)
- 1/4 cup Smart Beat - Fat-Free Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Fat-Free Knudsen Sour Cream
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Dill Weed
- 1/2 tsp. Lemon Juice
- Stir together shrimp, peas, cashews, onions, celery, shrimp and water chestnuts in a large bowl.
- In a separate smaller bowl, mix mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, dill.
- Now slowly stir mayo dressing into shrimp mixture taking care not to crush the ingredients.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- May be served in lettuce cups or in a serving bowls.
Photo shown is stock photography and not the actual end result.