Jacques Pépin Signature & Bio
Next to Julia Child, when you think of French cooking, you think of chef Jacques Pépin. He is still a top seller in the cookbook world unlike many of his peers who saw their heyday vanish after their numerous best-sellers and celebrity chefdom eventually tire out their readers/viewers. Shown in this article is his Everyday Cooking with Jacques Pepin cookbook. I have only once before acquired a signed Jacques Pépin cookbook and it's quiet a pleasure to have come across another--and one of the earlier books. A signed Jacques Pépin cookbook like the one shown below usually sells second hand for up to $30, while a used copy sometimes can sell for as low as $5.00 (see signed photo and values at bottom of post).
About Jacques Pépin
Jacques Pépin is award-winning French chef with international recognition. Pépin, born in December 1935 is the author of numerous cookbooks and is a popular television host. At the time of writing he is getting ready to launch a new television series called "Essential Pépin," scheduled to air in fall of 2011. Born in Bourg-En-Bresse, Lyon in France, Pépin's parents owned a restaurant called Le Pelican where he got his first taste of the art of cookery. At an early age of thirteen, Pépin had a formal apprenticeship at the Grand Hotel de L'Europe in France. He went on to work in two distinguished restaurants in Paris, Meurice and Plaza-Athenee. He studied in both France and in the U.S. and was a personal chef for several years, even cooking for French President Charles de Gaulle. Pépin was honored with a James Beard Foundation Lifetime Achievement Award in 2005, among other culinary awards.
Cookbooks by Jacques Pépin
- The Apprentice: My Life in the Kitchen
- The Art of Cooking V1 and V2
- A Cleveland Cookbook: A Fare for the Heart
- The Complete Pépin
- Chez Jacques: Traditions and Rituals of a Cook
- Cuisine Economique
- Everyday Cooking With Jacques Pépin
- Fast Food My Way
- The French Culinary Institute's Salute to Healthy Cooking
- Jacques Pépin: A French Chef Cooks at Home
- Jacques Pépin Celebrates
- Jacques Pépin's Complete Techniques
- Jacques Pépin's Kitchen: Cooking with Claudine
- Jacques Pépin's Kitchen: Encore with Claudine
- Jacques Pépin's Simple and Healthy Cooking
- Jacques Pépin's Table
- Julia and Jacques: Cooking at Home
- La Methode * La Technique
- The Other Half of the Egg
- Short-Cut Cook
- Sweet Simplicity: Jacques Pépin's Fruit Desserts
- Today's Gourmet
- Today's Gourmet II
For Jacques Pépin Fans...
Signature Sample Jacques Pépin "Everyday Cooking With Jacques Pépin (Softcover)"
Average Price Used = $5 - $14
Average Price Used and Signed = $20 - 30