No Bake Freezer Lemon Squares Recipe
Yum. If you can believe it, this No Bake Freezer Lemon Squares recipe fell out of one of the vintage books I listed at the Cookbook Villlage store. The book is from 1942 but this recipe definitely isn't as it looks like a modern-day coupon you find in the food aisle. It's on one of those cutout coupons. I just couldn't resist posting it as it looks absolutely amazing and seems like karma that I should share it on my blog. Wonder if you can try out some Orange food coloring and make these for Halloween?
- 1/4 cup melted margarine or butter
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup ReaLemon Juice from Concentrate Yellow Food Coloring (optional)
- Whipped Cream or Cool Whip
- Combine margarine, crumbs and sugar.
- Press into 8" - 9" square pan
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and food coloring (if used).
- Pour mixture into crust
- Top with whipped cream or Cool Whip Freeze until firm