Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Here is a great Thanksgiving time Pumpkin Bread recipe from a friend of my mother. She raves about this one so I thought this would be a good time to share it with Cookbook Village's fans and customers.
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup raisins
- Cream sugar and oil with beaters (not too much)
- Add 2 cans pumpkin
- Sift Together
- Add the above mixture and mix thoroughly
- Bake in greased and floured loaf pan 1 hour & 15 minutes @ 350 degrees F or until a toothpick comes out clean
Note: 1 can pumpkin makes 2 loafs (1 can pumpkin = 1lb 13 oz)
Pan should be filled about 3/4 full.
Use aluminium pans from supermarket.