Chocolate Raspberry Brownie Cake Recipe
This Chocolate Raspberry Brownie Cake recipe is delicious. Chocoholics will love the rich flavors and blend of chocolate and berries. Cookbook Village loves this recipe!
Makes 12 servings.
- 9" cake pan (spring form) greased and floured well
- 1/4 lb butter
- 3 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1-1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups raspberries
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- Melt 1/4 lb. butter and 3oz unsweetened chocolate over low heat in double boiler or in microwave.
- Mix 1-1/3 cups sugar, 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla with the melted butter and chocolate
- Stir in 2/3 cup of flour and mix well
- Spread butter in pans
- Next to rim distribute 1 cup raspberries in a 2" wide band. (This goes around the rim on top of the batter)
- Gently press fruit into batter
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45-50 minutes in the oven or longer in oven until the top at the outside edge cracks and feels firm to the touch
- Cool in the pan on a cooling rack
- Remove rim and set on a plate
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve with the remaining 1-1/2 cups of raspberries in the center
- Cut into wedges and serve