Best Potato Latkes Recipe
This classic Jewish holiday recipe for Potato Latkes makes a great Passover or Chanukah / Hanukkah dish.
- 3 of the larger boxes Manachewitz Passover pancake mix
- 2 peeled and grated potatoes. (see below for instruction first)
- Drain them well to get all of the water out.
- 1/2 onion grated and drained well.
- Peel and shred potatoes (shred them with the processor and then chop them smaller rather than grate them which makes them too small and mushy).
- Follow directions on the mix Manachewitz Passover pancake mix box.
Note: Do each box separately one at a time.
- Then add some of the shredded potatoes and onion evenly to each box mix.
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan or electric pan until sizzling hot.
- Drop by tablespoon onto pan, flatten some and fry on each side.
- Drain well using paper towels on top of newspaper to drain.
- Let cool and put pancakes on foil on a cookie sheet in layers (use about 3 layers on each pan).
- Serve warm with applesauce and sour cream on the side.
Photo: Photo is for sample only and is not exact representative of final recipe. Potato Latke image Courtesy of Photographer Melissa Trachtenberg "lissame"
Creative Commons License