Cranberry Bread Recipe
This is another family favorite, a Cranberry Bread recipe from the recipe files of my mother-in-law. She has what seems to be an endless collection of recipes--all perfect for parties. She loves to entertain and have parties. This recipe though is good for any time and is wonderful.
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter (use stick)
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1-1/2 cups light raisins (not dark)
- 1-1/2 cups cranberries (not canned)
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda into a large bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Add egg, orange peel and orange juice all at once.
- Stir until mixture is evenly moist.
- Fold in raisins and cranberries.
- Spoon into greased 9x5x3 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean in center.
- Remove from pan and cool on rack.