Pat's Tropical Dump Cake Dessert Recipe
My mother-in-law attended a party last week and has been instructed to collect the very best recipes from her friends. Here is a tropical dump cake dessert recipe she picked up. Between all her clubs and long-time friends I'm sure she is going to give me more than I could hope for... Anyway, this dish was something "Mom" said was in demand at the party and that several people asked for the recipe. I've seen some like this but with cherry--this one is purely a pineapple version.
Servings and Cooking Times:
- 8-10 Servings
- 10 minutes Baking Time: 50 minutes
- 2 (20-oz.) cans crushed pineapple
- 1 (18.25-oz) package white cake mix
- 6 tablespoons cup butter or margarine, cut up
- 2 cups pecans, toasted
- Ice cream or whipped topping
- 13 x 9 inch baking pan
- Drain 1 can-crushed pineapple.
- Spread both the drained and undrained pineapple on the bottom of the baking pan--lightly greased.
- Sprinkle cake mix over fruit.
- Dot evenly with butter; sprinkle with pecans. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped topping.