Saturday Chicken Recipe
This is a Saturday Chicken variation on a recipe from Peg Bracken's "I Hate to Cook Book" cookbook. It is just one of the everday easy-to-prepare dishes that Bracken includes in her book. You can't go wrong with this one. She adds some parsley garnish, I prefer nuts. Here's the way I've prepared it.
Makes 4 - 6 Servings
- Six large pieces of chicken (breast meat)
- 1 can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup Cream (don't substitute with milk)
- Garlic salt
- Small package of almond slivers (sliced cashews work too)
- Sprinkle some salt and garlic salt on the chicken.
- Next coat with some paprika, covering it well.
- Place the chicken in one layer, in a shallow baking pan.
- Mix the cream together with the cream of mushroom soup and then pour it over the chicken.
- Bake uncovered at 350° for about 1-1/2 hours.
- Sprinkle a layer of almond slivers or other sliced nut such as cashews over the top.